Monday, March 26, 2012

Hanging Out in California~

I don't think blogging was what my orientation manager thought of when he told me to rest in my hotel room until the other students arrived. LOL Yeah, the hotel's got free wifi and I am allowed to use it. Unfortunately though, I can't use any of the other hotel's amenities such as the gym or spa, argh! Meh, not really what I need though. I'm just happy I have my food and a tall yummy drink from Quiznos. :D

The main point for writing today was, I guess, to basically let my American family know I'm not dead and I got it real well here, no worries. :3 I get my own double bed hotel room and get free regular meals(except today cuz I arrived just after they finished lunch). The only money I've spent so far was 2 bucks to tip the shuttle bus driver for the hotel and 11 bucks at Quiznos. Yay!!

Another plus, I found out was that AFS gives us our own ID just incase we would not have had one. Now, my state ID works well in addition. I mean, what more can authority ask for? Two ID cards and a passport sounds good to meh~ The only odd thing I've got to get used to is wearing this tag around my neck that has my ID, room key, and address of where I'm supposed to go should I get lost among foreigners. I'm supposed to wear this everywhere I go except when I sleep, which could either be really easy, or really difficult. XD So far, I think it'll be easy to remember.

There are only 3 other students going to Thailand with me, so that makes it easy to get to know each other. Plus, less time needed to hand out the information and ask questions. Feels more personalized, ya know?

Surprisingly, the California air isn't much more different than my current northeastern weather. I mean, it's sunny but not very hot. However, the plant life is completely different. Bird of paradise are everywhere! X3 Okay, those of you from California are probably mocking me now, but just let me have my fun. I was too busy and rushed to get too many pictures though, but my room has a nice balcony so I took a picture from there. See:



These next few days are probably going to get busy, but I'll try to log on when I can. And you know I will. LOL Me and my Internet addiction.

Do I miss my family yet? The answer is kind of complicated, but in basic terms, yes. I only feel sad when I have time to think, which hasn't been much lately. My main focus is going to be to do the best I can over here and if I have time, I can worry about the ones over there. It's just how I'll have to survive, I guess. But I truly do love them and miss them with all my heart. ^-^ Just remember guys back at home, I will be back, but right now someone in Thailand needs me to be there for them now. <3

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. The adventure begins! Yay! Your view looks cool.

    ReplyDelete